Sunday, January 24, 2010

We like things big here in Texas Atlanta

So the dinner party last weekend turned out really well and everyone seemed to have a good time. Strange thing though, my group of mega-carnivore friends actually preferred the callaloo (which was completely vegan) to the beef dumplings. Go figure. I thought all of the food tasted spectacular, but maybe it was the multiple glasses of rum punch talking.

It rained all day long here in Atlanta. In fact, I can still hear it now. People I encounter are always talking about how comforting they find the rain, how they love to curl up on the couch with a blanket and book in hand. I'm going to put it out there and reveal my general dislike of rain. I respect its purpose but it puts me in a bad mood. Also, I hate getting wet. Call me feline.

Like the naughty person that I am, I turn to food when a bad mood arises. And I'm not talking about pretzels. Few things make me happier than simple comfort food. Tonight I made big, puffy, chocolate chip cookies, complete with the requisite two sticks of butter. To say they were sublime would be an understatement. Here is a picture of one of the fatties in Matt's hand, which is big to begin with:



The recipe I follow is pretty basic, except I alter Tyler's recipe a tiny bit by adding an extra half teaspoon of vanilla extract (I like a more present vanilla flavor) and using classic semi-sweet chocolate chips. They are a must-try, trust me.

2 comments:

Matt! said...

They are spectacular. If you ever thought to yourself "how do i make big chewy cookies like Starbucks or Whole Foods"...this is your answer.

Unknown said...

i'm sure these are far better than starbucks. yum!