Saturday, January 30, 2010

Consider it your civic duty

I need your help, dear readers. March 18th is fast approaching. "Why the hell do I care about March 18th," you ask? Well it just so happens to mark five years spent with the old man. Sometimes I can't believe we've made it this long, yet other times it's so clear why we have. We love each other hard. When it comes down to it, I guess that's all that matters. It helps that he loves Pearl Jam and pancakes as much as I do. And he cleans the house better than I ever could. Bonus!



(Punch-Drunk Love, circa 2005)


Anyway, Matt and I have been saving up to enjoy a big, celebratory dinner to mark the occasion. We've been talking about places we might like to go but haven't made any final decisions. This is a special occasion, so we were thinking somewhere with a tasting menu, but nothing too fussy. We're not talking the Quinones Room or the (now-defunct) Dining Room at the Ritz-Carlton here. We're looking for something upscale, yet inviting. We've (okay, lets get real here, I'VE) narrowed it down to a few options and now I need you all to weigh in by voting in the poll to your right. Your participation is much-appreciated. If you have any other suggestions or recommendations, leave them in the comments.

4 comments:

Maggie May said...

what a cute picture- and i loved that movie :)

Meagan said...

Thank you! And yes, that movie was brilliant.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

sweet :-)