
(Photo Credit: The Portland Pickle)
Whenever cold weather hits, I immediately start wanting to make my "Mock Thanksgiving" meal. The meal consists of roasted turkey tenderloins, stuffing out of a bag, jarred gravy, and tons of the ruby-colored good stuff. Basically I am just yearning for those flavors of Thanksgiving dinner (it's the sage-dominant Poultry Seasoning) and need something to tide me over until the real thing in late November. Tonight I took pleasure in thwacking the bottom of the can until I heard that instantly-recognizable "plop" sound of the jelly blob finally dislodging itself from its tin vessel. I love watching the gelatinous mass wiggle on the plate with the impressions from the can still perfectly intact on its surface. Mmm...I ate almost an entire can of the stuff. That's not trashy, right?
In a few weeks I'll be sitting down to a real Thanksgiving meal complete with a whole roasted turkey, potatoes, and stuffing. Make no mistake, though. You will not find a from-scratch, gourmet, cranberry sauce on my plate. I'm with The Blob all the way.

1 comment:
i did not know you also had a foodblog! awesome :-)
i put you on mine ok?
Post a Comment