I'm throwing a holiday party at my place on the 20th for about 25 people and I'm already stressing out about it. I'm a damn good cook but I really suck at entertaining. I'm not being modest here. Parties always sound like an awesome idea in theory, and they usually do end up being a lot of fun, but the few days leading up towards them leave me feeling like I'm gonna throw my fist through the wall. Stress does not become this fair lady, and trying to nail down last minute food/alcohol decisions plus making my apartment (which is perpetually messy) look presentable to people is sometimes too much. How the hell does Nigella Lawson make entertaining look so effortless in her cookbooks, spatchcocking cornish hens in a fucking cocktail dress, and where can I sign up to take lessons?
If anyone has any ideas or suggestions about food or entertaining in general, feel free to post them here. I think food-wise, I'm gonna stick to simple things like marinated olives, a cheese board, perhaps some charcuterie, and a bunch of baked goods. It seemed to work out well last year. I might start taking the edge off early, come next Saturday, just to forewarn you all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment