Wednesday, January 2, 2008
What's your tipple?
As far as New Year's Eve beverages go, I have to have Champagne. Not sparkling wine, not Cava or Prosecco. Real Champagne. Since I'm also a thrifty bugger, this could pose a problem for my wallet. It's tough to be a food snob when you're not swimming in money. So while I couldn't indulge my thirst for Veuve Clicquot this year, I did stumble upon an excellent bargain with a bottle of NV Brut Piper Heidsieck. It was nice and dry, with notes of lemon verbena and a crisp, tart finish. I usually hate Pearson's off of West Paces. It's everything I hate about a wine shop. The selection is small and overpriced and it primarily caters to snotty Buckhead clientele. But I heard they had the Piper Hiedsieck on sale for $22 so I got it and never found it cheaper. Not even at Tower or Green's. I do love a good bargain. I hope you all had a great New Year's. Here's to lots of pleasurable eating in 2008!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I'm dying without your foodspiration.
Post a Comment