Friday, December 21, 2007

Office Party

Last night I accompanied Matt to his company's Holiday Party at Shaun's in Inman Park. I'm not one to pass up a free meal, especially at a restaurant like that. The food was delicious, no surprise there. The carnivore in me tore into a perfectly seasoned, medium-rare strip steak. I don't eat a lot of red meat, but I'd been craving it for weeks and it somehow hit just the right spot on a particularly cold and drizzly evening. That, and a gin martini plus five glasses of Cabernet. I know that sounds like a lot for the setting, but don't worry. Ol' Meagan kept it classy for the middle-aged, white-collar folk. I ate this insane homemade Kit-Kat bar for dessert, which was really just some gianduja and dark chocolate mousse/wafer concoction. And if free food and booze weren't enough, Matt's company gave him a nice Canon PowerShot digital camera as a gift. All in all not too shabby for a party I was dreading.

No comments: