I had heard about the Taza tablets before. How the roasted cocoa beans were ground on old Mexican stone mills and how this lead to a unique flavor and texture. They are not cheap (about $4-5 a tablet), but I'm willing to pay a premium for better ingredients so I gave it a shot.
I am now a full-blown convert. This chocolate is so. damn. good., the flavors so pronounced. I've so far had the Vanilla and the Salted Almond and they are both delicious. I have to say that my favorite part of this chocolate, obviously besides flavor, is the texture. It is gritty, but not in a bad way. If you take a bite and look down at the chocolate you can see the big, fat sugar crystals suspended in the chocolate like this:
I suggest that you all go out and try this. It's a type of chocolate that you probably aren't used to. It's not smooth, creamy, or overtly sweet. Which is just perfect for a girl who often finds herself lacking a sweet tooth.

1 comment:
that is so cool. ive never seen chocolate like that
Post a Comment